So two years ago, went to Florida and was caught in a hurricane.
And then this year, I am currently in HK and witnessing the ongoings of the edge of a typhoon.
Both are the same, just different terms.
Yesterday was quite a sight on my way home.
Each garbage can in the MTR stations, and at the apartments, were jam-packed with broken umbrellas. Here in HK, lots of people use the long umbrellas, so it was even more interesting seeing so many handles stick out of the little holes of public garbage cans. Not an everyday sight eh?
Wind blowing all the time, rain pelting down in spurts with equal might, never dying, and this morning - the caretakers walking down the streets pulling a batch of fallen tree branches. It looked like they were carrying trees down the road!
Anyhow, family's flight has obviously been delayed so I get to spend one last day with them!
Does this mean... more shopping?!?!
;)
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Take care of yourself in that typhoon. Although I've always loved a good storm while I stare out my window at the driving wind and rain. Yay for shopping! I hope you've bought lots of stuff!
oh no a typhoon/hurricane! but it's probably over now. have fun in hk and come back with stories, cheers!
Lydia! Hope HK is treating you ok! :)
Thanks for the encouragement, the warm wishes and the 'kick in the butt'...it was all needed. We'll chat when you're back. xoxo, Kay
Post a Comment