Saturday, April 02, 2011

Grounded!

Today God taught me a perspective change:

Grounded... not guarded.

I've always told myself to guard my heart.... it can't take more bashing whether it is with guys, or friendships, or work relationships.

and so i've properly guarded my heart intensely, in fear almost.

but in the last month, I've been challenged by God and confirmed through others that this mentality really won't do. How would I receive? How could I ever receive in such a state?

And so, today as I was journalling, He told me: Stay grounded, not guarded.

Stay grounded in His Word. Stay grounded in His truths. Stay grounded.

As I'm learning more about the Spirit and experiencing how it impacts my every day life, again, the caution remains to stay grounded.

Surely, if I kept pace on this straight and narrow path, grounded in Him, I can walk without fear. Even if bruising of emotions occur, it will be okay in that it's within His reach to heal and comfort, and it will be His hand that continues to hold me along on the path ahead.

So my response: Grounded! Now let's get going!

No comments: