Friday, June 22, 2012

happy to do the will of God

cross-ref verses:

2 peter 3:9
1 tim 2:4

the Lord desires all to repent and know Him.

Jonah's flaw was that he was angry with God, and not serving from his heart.

Eph 6:6  - to do the will of God from the heart.

"When we are angry with God, everything in life gets out of perspective, and we say and do selfish things. Things become more important than people, and comfort more important than ministry.

But God is long-suffering and tenderly deals with us to bring us to Himself. It is essential in Christian service to be happy with the will of God. Each of us should be able to say, "I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart" - Psalm 40:8)."

Praise God for lifting me out of the pit of bitterness / anger / self-centered comfort. I see now how I've held onto anger for a long time, and how i was unwilling to serve in His ministry of love. Thank you Lord for reconciling the discrepancy in my soul.

Ready now.


No comments: