Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret

The short sharing with the Women's Auxilliary Group at Campbellford Anglican Church was very good!
This is the local women's group.
They meet monthly I think to fellowship and pray and also discuss where to help meet needs in the church and the community.
20-25 faithful ladies... it was cute.. and very different.
Dr. Bob gave a very hearty introduction, and despite jotting down quick notes during lunch time, the Spirit really took over and the order I intended to share was all different, but the important points were there I suppose. And I knew God was speaking through me, you could see it in their eyes and their facial expressions that we were all connected in the same mission to share Christ with those who don't know. It was so wonderful to have this opportunity to say thank you to this older generation of faithful servants, with hearts entrusting their money - giving to mission organizations - unknowing of how the money is used. As Dr. Bob said - sharing about my experience would give them something tangible that  souls were being won for Christ, though it may take many years of sowing and waiting on the Lord to reveal the fruits of the labour in a way that we can recognize.

Afterwards, some of the ladies had words of encouragement and a prayer for me in my own journey to see where God leads.

It has been a good exercise to reflect and re-read my post-trip reflections - where has God brought me since then... and where to next.

I came home to Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secrets that I've borrowed and hung onto without flipping through any pages at all since early september.... and then sat straight for 4 hours reading it. Some of the passages and quotes that resonated most are below ....

The OMF recently asked in prayer only for workers to be called to reach the neglected people groups in East Asia... factory workers, taxi drivers,... not physical frontiers that need to be conquered, but neglected frontiers. I think it's time to start praying specifically again for God to open doors or an opportunity again... residency is about to finish and there is time... here we go.. .again!

-----

1) Isaiah 26:3
2) Heb 13:8
3) psalm 72-74
4) 2 cor 5:7 - walk by faith not sight
5) psalm 84:11
6) psalm 37:4

"I have never known disobedience to the definite command of a parent, even if that parent were mistaken, that was not followed by retribution. Conquer through the Lord. He can open any door. The responsibility is with the parent, in such a case, and it is a serious one. When the son or daughter can say in all sincerity, "I am waiting for Thee, Lord, to open the way", the matter is in his hands and he will take it up."

"How long have you had the glad tidings in your country?"
"What! Hundreds of years? My father sough the truth and died without finding it. Oh, why did you not come sooner?" - Ni

"people are perishing and God is so blessing the work"

"in the study of the divine word, I learned that to obtain successful workesr, not elaborate appeals for help, but first earnest prayer to God to thrust forth laborers, and second the deepening of the spiritual life of the church, so that men should be unable to stay at home, were what was needed."

"In great spiritual agony, I wandered out on the sands alone. And there the Lord conquered my unbelief, and I surrendered myself to God for this service. I told him that all the responsibility as to the issues and consequences must rest with him, his to direct, care for and guide me and those who might labour with me. Need I saw that at once peace flowed into my burdened heart? ..... writing the petitition on the margin of the Bible I had with me, I turned homeward with a heart enjoying rest such as it had een a stranger to for months, and with an assurance that the Lord would bless his own work and that I should share in the blessing... "

"God's work, done in GOd's way, will never lack God's supplies."

"streams flowing still"...

No comments: