Sunday, February 20, 2005

simply me.

My name is Lydia;
I can memorize the encyclopedia.
My friends call me beautiful,
because my smile is unchangable:
it brings joy, peace,
and warmness that never cease.
My name is Lydia;
I am everything, yet not everything.
I am Canadian, yet I am also Chinese.
I can speak English, yet I can also speak Cantonese.
I can be fun, yet I can also be serious.
I can be loud, yet I can also be timid.
My name is Lydia, and
I am unique: I am everything God has created me to be,
yet not everything that you expect to see.
I, the lovable, amicable, and sensible girl;
I, the joyful, cheerful, and faithful servant;
I, simply I, is everything you want a friend to be.

6 comments:

Cora said...

wow Lydia,

nice poem. Happy birthday, its your present. I hope you like it. but i mean what I say; I like that way YOU are. Thanks for being a great friend. Luv you lots.

timmy said...

wow... what an egotistical yet VERY true post.

me me me me.

Anonymous said...

I think that's actually a pretty accurate description of yourself. Happy birthday again! And yes, you are a great friend!

Andeeeeeeeee said...

Lydia, Happy bday yo =] Hope you had a good one la =]

Cheers!

-Andy

Unknown said...

wow u wrote a poem about urself

Lydia said...

Cora: thank you for writing the poem! :) *blush* haha...
really glad we got the chance to catch up over reading week!!!

Tim: "Just me"...

Cy: if only i could write poems... ;)