There is nothing comparable to serving together with people you used to serve intensely together with in the beginnings of serving at high school fellowship - or back in the 'old days'.
I had the pleasure of serving with Cora again last minute on Friday for Timotheus, and wow, I honestly had SO MUCH FUN and gained so much from the experience. It was around this time last year that we had led pneumatos praise and prayer night (sooo good) and before that, serving intensely at koinonia.. and TCCCCCC...
like - SO blessed each time we serve together!!! I really do see how God has changed both of us, and each time we come together randomly back at markham to plan together, He just TOTALLY PROVIDES what to do, what to say when we allow Him to really guide everything spontaneously... surrendering all our insecurities and nervousness is not having led a program so that His power can reign and He can fully use us.
I think it is the same with all the other people I've grown up with. Koinonia was definitely a strong leadership-building place, and I thank God for the experiences during high schoool. All the 'group work' skills that health sci is all big about and PBL-ing, is nothing new because we do it ALL the time within cabinet, and other areas of service within the church. So yeah, I kinda find hlth sci a little -easy-. i agree with most of it, and love it like crazy, but all the things we do seems to be an application of the types of interactions i have with other brothers and sisters in the academic format - funny how this is considered 'new and innovative' in the academic teaching setting... >.<
When I think of 'back in the day', and the people in my life then... and then i think about 'now' and where they are now... most if not all, are doing BIG things for God.. .from missions, to church leadership, fellowship leadership, to starting a non-profit group... God has definitely equipped all of us with unique and DIFFERENT gifts. Slowly, we are finding our 'niche' within the range of ministries... and it's exciting to see it unfold, especially when my brothers and sisters become more and more passionate as they discover their true desires that God has embedded within.
I love it! I love it!
I'm also excited to see who our Timotheus kids will become. They are... AMAZING. SMART. WILLING TO THINK AND SHARE AND PRAY; MAD MATURE.
I think they are at the spiritual level I was at in Grade 10.. haha.. so it is definitely a sign of how Timotheus has become such a strong foundation pre-koinonia time; our future leaders are being built and seriously grounded in the faith earlier. That means the world to me, because I found that some of the things I learned in university, I never knew about in high school.. and I kinda wish I had known so that I could've learned more about the gems and richness of truth found within Scripture, and experienced more of the Lord in my walk with Him. To see the young ones going through that, and experiencing what I never experienced but wished I had, is encouraging, because it shows that our church is also learning and growing, and the student ministry is becoming more and more established. :) something must be happening right. :)
yay!!
Saturday, May 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i wish i was there at timotheus
but i know it was good
because LYDIA my cool sister, you do everything with so much heart.
i love you
man...serving with you thsi summer..is going to be GREAT GREAT GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Lydiaaaaa!!!!
You're such an amazing prayer warrior :D Let's keep praying for our campuses, our city, our country, and for the world. Like wow!
Hope you enjoyed CC :D
Take care,
Chris Luk
University of Western Ontario
gen gen - i knooow... it's already great .. and we've hardly begun!
chris!!! - definitely - prayer is MUCH needed - awesome prayer meeting at CC, knowing that we've got all campuses covered and claimed for HIM! Thanks for serving at CC, YOU have an amazing gift for worship leading. Keep tight in Him! BTW - WESTERNers ROCK.. i heart all of you so much!!
Post a Comment