Sunday, September 17, 2006

Weddings & Family

After attending the beautiful wedding ceremony of Gloria and Haven today, I was really hit by the fact that the wedding isn't just about two people, it's really a celebration of all those people surrounding them who have been divinely appointed by the Lord to help support and build the union of two people.

There were a ton of thanks, but what I realized was, at each wedding, there is a brief introduction of all those travelling from out of province, country or overseas to attend the wedding - relatives from HK, or US, or England, or whereever; they will most definitely be addressed.

Now, not having any immediate relatives in Toronto with me (all my mom and dad's sibilings live either in Vancouver or HK), makes me realize how much I really really really really really want them all at my future wedding. When I went back to HK this past summer, I had the most amazing, quality times with my aunts, uncles and cousins. I have this HUGE love for my family, maybe because I don't have the typical large family gatherings during the holidays. it's only the four of us in the Cheung family here in Toronto. That's why I love HK so much - not just because it's cheap and easy to buy clothing there, but because majority of my relatives are there.

I yearn to go back and spend time with my family (we went on a bus tour in Beijing/Shanghai - and it was only the 13 of us + the tour guides and drivers!! CRAZY BLESSING!

i love my cousins from my dad's side. we are all girls - 6 ladies from 12-22 - and i'm the oldest, although some of them clearly look older than me, if not all of them. We get along so well. I already treated them as my own sisters after 6 weeks, like I felt I was able to be my crazy self with them just like how I would with Emily. There's just certain ways you act around your family that friends probably may never see... just cuz... they're not family... ?!? I really really really miss them, and you know what? I really really really want them at my wedding. I would totally even consider just having all of them be my bridesmaids - i really really really love them to death.

I seriously long to see them again.

sidenote: pictures of the wedding up when i can get a hold of them

sidenote2: i finally reached a new level in my piano playing experiences- playing continuously for such a long time that I actually became TIRED of playing. >.<

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea, family is so AWEsome =)
so all this talk of weddings...is there a special someone that you've met lydia? eh, eh, eh? =D =D =D

wow, how long DID you actually play the piano for?

cya around, faith up!

Lydia said...

sam!!

haha, i think the point of the blog was more about FAMILY than weddings. haha... i really should ask YOU that considering the posts in your blog!!! you are the king of pick-up lines by far!!!

piano - long... haha.. hey! when you playin' for service?? soon right??

see ya when you're in town bro!