Tuesday, April 01, 2008

being involved in a production

How I miss being involved in large productions! 

We're less than two weeks away from Tachy 2008, and the regular practices are getting more intense. While it is a large time commitment, there is nothing more fulfilling than working on a large project together with your classmates, and having a TON of fun while doing it! 

I don't even remember the last stage production I was a part of. Maybe the last one was the musicals held at the church those many many years ago, and since then, it's just been being a part of events as the pianist - whether it was worship, EM, outreach night, or part of a wedding (I see those as productions too!). 

I really do enjoy the whole chorus productions... I love broadway and dancing and just having tons of fun with a whole group of people! Kinda wish that I was more involved, or found ways to be more involved in things like these back in undergrad. 

Anyhow, I see the next two weeks as a time to relax and have fun... while somehow managing blood and oncology. Somehow, I think I will survive - and I seriously believe Tachy is what will keep me sane through it all. It's only been two days and oh dear, it is SO incredibly BORING. I need a daily prayer to stay alive in class and somehow have the least bit of interest in learning and absorbing the material! 

Other than the busyness of school, God has once again put me in a place asking, "do you trust that I have everything under control?" 

After a rather terrible cardiology end of course exam, the past weekend has just been remembering that God is my last card. He is the treasure that I must hold onto unswervingly, believing His promise that He will NEVER leave me and NEVER forsake me. My inadequacy according to academic standards are NOT equivalent to an inadequacy in God's eyes. Rather, it is my weakness that His glory will shine through. I'm not worried that I won't pass medical school, because I believe He put me here specifically for a reason, and He will be the one to carry me through. But sometimes, the ongoing discouragement of feeling below everyone else and not doing as well as they are doing, can be a tempting lie to believe. 

However, I am thankful that in my deepest ruts academically, and emotionally, I can fall back on the Lord. He is my hope and my strength that carries and WILL carry me through. I believe He will never leave me, and I believe He, as my last card, will gradually show me how to live life abundantly while I seem to be going through these not-so-easy times. He knows I can. He won't give me more than what I can handle. And I will choose to obey and trust that He will enable me. 

No comments: