Saturday, September 06, 2008

Running the race

I've been reading a special edition of Our Daily Bread, "More Than Gold" which was used by The Vine as part of their summer series. I didn't really participate but did grab a copy to bring home with me. 

I came home, immersed myself in two weeks of China and Canada pride as I watched the Beijing Olympics unfold, came back to London for medical school year 2, and opened up the little devotion booklet for the first time. 

With the spirit of Olympics, competition, athleticism still strong on my mind, I found the analogies between the devotions and Biblical references to sports so appropriate in preparing my mind for this upcoming journey of Year 2. 

Today, there were four specific aspects of spots that rings true in the Christian life, and ever more so to my three years to go to get an MD stint: seeing the reward, self-discipline, sense of purpose, and perseverance. These are all taken from 1 Corinthians 9:24-27. 

God does provide guidance when we seek it, and having gone halfway through Our Daily Bread, I'm thankful that He took me to HK to grab this one special copy of The Vine, so that the Scriptures and insights offered by fellow brothers and sisters can help bring those four things in focus as I begin a new school year. 

Praise God for His providence and guidance! 

No comments: