Wednesday, May 20, 2009

another stretch!

three weeks countdown! 

motivation entirely not around. but learning some mighty cool stuff! Emerg Week is definitely proving to be quite interesting. 

Ie. a comment made in today's code blue training - this needle is large, you'd use it to release the air for a pneumothorax, and you'll actually hear the air come out.

immediate reaction: i cannot wait to do one of those and hear the air hiss out. 

peer's reaction: i cannot wait as well. that is our goal. 

another peer's reaction: and then we try to use a pen to do the same thing. (referring to Iryu's opening scene). 

hahahahahaha

how appropriate that I'm listening to the OST for the second season. LOL

We also learned how TV episodes over dramatize the rate at which people actually survive from cardiac arrests ~5%... vs. what they show on TV ~67%. What a difference! I think in certain medical dramas I've been watching, it's been at least 80 if not 90% survival rate! oh how media skews things! this HAS to be a contributing factor to how medical students become jaded quickly over their years on the wards... 

No comments: