Saturday, August 07, 2010

3rd year reflections

It has been such a rewarding 3rd year in clinical clerkship and in reflection, I realize the rotation through many disciplines and actually working in huge multidisciplinary environments have allowed me to meet and build so many different relationships.

I'm privileged to have interacted with patients in all walks of life, with consultants of so many different disciplines, of meeting nurses who are so committed to teaching and give 110% to make the workplace as pleasant as can be. I've been in the midst of politics and administrative chaos as with any organization. I've learned to set my boundaries: professional, interprofessional and personal.

I've been lucky to have a good core group of friends here in windsor to experience all these changes with me.

I've been lucky to meet many new friends and several international students too.

As much as I complain throughout the year, I'm thankful, deeply thankful for all the people I've encountered. I'm learning to thrive in these short-term meetings and learned to make the best of the small amounts of time I have with people. I'm thankful. I think God's training me for something even greater - I can't put my finger on it, but I know it's something grand.

While uncertainty sucks and not being able to put down roots sucks, I can say that were it not for me uprooting and moving to windsor, being in medical training overall, that I would have such opportunities laid out before me.

Thank you God. You always know me best and in these last few weeks you've put in my heart this desire to reach out and love those in transient stages of life, just as others are receiving me in my own transitions in upcoming elective periods.

Looking ahead to this crazy 4th year upcoming.

No comments: