Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Little Faith, Not offending

Matthew 17:17

"You unbelieving and perverted generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring him here to Me." re: disciples being unable to heal the lunatic boy. 
"Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting." 

If I believe and have faith that He will do the impossible, it WILL be possible. How could I have lost His vision? His compassion for the lost? His vision for EVERY KNEE to be BOWED and EVERY TONGUE to CONFESS that He is the Lord? 

Matthew 17:27
"However, that we do not offend them, go to the sea.... you will find a shekel. Take that and give it to them for you and Me." 

Can the temple tax? Should the temple tax its own citizens (especially in the body of Christ?) --> no. But perhaps Jesus is telling us to pick our fights, no what is really acceptable, the law, and what it truly states. Know yourself. Do things so as not to offend (if they are petty?). But how come Jesus does not choose to offend this time with taxes, yet He is not afraid to offend with even greater things? Is He showing us how to set our priorities right? 

No comments: