Monday, November 21, 2005

brilliant weekend

BRILLIANT weekend. i can't emphasize that enough.

went home late night Friday with Winnie and Gary... hehe... can't get enough of Winnie.. hehe.. talks about global health - in wonder at how God's stirred within me a desire to really think about the possibilities and needs of overseas work. This fuzzy picture of the next summer is slowly piecing together, and i am REALLY ... REALLY excited. and the fact that I have people to talk about it with, who have a desire to go overseas, do international work... eileen, winnie, alex... and lots lots more... but more on that in a bit...

Saturday - doc appt - apparently i was fighting the flu last week... but i'm getting better!! taking the wise counsel of friends and housemates who took the extra time to 'mother' me about staying healthy and getting rest. AFC chair meeting. I AM SO GLAD I WENT. I love to hear how the Lord works across the many campuses, and just fellowshipping with other brothers and sisters who you see only every so often. Surprisingly, I bumped into Kathy, who I haven't seen for a loong loong time... and it's so cool to see how the Lord has brought us from Koinonia days to serving our university fellowships. The short ride home with her was refreshing in itself as we exchanged ideas and encouragements in the two ministries. And how perfect the timing was that we had our feedback night back-to-back with this meeting... cuz Winnie and I are like... hmmm... soooo much to think about! SO many ideas! So many things that we should be thinking about... it's kinda overwhelming though - like - there's so much that I'd love to DO and SEE happen at CCF... but then I think... the year's HALF OVER!!! already!!! WHA! Time flies!

Nonetheless, I was greatly encouraged to hear the joys and the struggles from other fellowships, and to know that we aren't alone in the trials, but also in the blessings that come so abundantly! :)

AND THEN...

I WENT TO SEE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!! with my sister... hehe.. soooooooooo good. soooo many people! It's the first thing that we've done together as sisters in a long period of time, and really, just chillin' with her, kicki' off our shoes in the theater, sitting with our legs up on the seat... haha... we are so alike in so many ways. I love my sister!! Even though we're 8 years apart, it's just SO easy to be crazy and weird with her. Sometimes, I wonder where the sudden burst of energy comes from when I'm around her - or perhaps I should be asking why I don't always have the same level of energy around others, but only around my sister?

HARRY POTTER is so good. i LOVED it. i'm waiting for someone to tell me they watched it too, so then we can start talking about it. haha

i could list out all the rest of the details of my life, but one of the more exciting things occured at my group meeting tonight. I'm getting REALLY interested in heading to China and working specifically with the AIDS prevention and intervention work. The more I study it, the more my heart longs to be there. The more I read about the stories of desparation, the more joyful I am when I encounter a story of hope. Tonight, three of us discussed going to China and being there, working there, volunteering there. I don't know how serious the other two were.. i think they were pretty serious... but i am seriously contemplating it. Maybe it ISN'T a coincidence that various thoughts have been pressed on my heart in the past year. Maybe it IS all coming together in some strangely perfect way.

"Trust in the Lord your God with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding, and in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight..."

oh one more thing: reading Passion and Purity. AMAZING book so far. I highly recommend it to all my sisters.

4 comments:

jesus_lover said...

aww i wnated to see harry potter :( how come u didnt take meeee? =( hahahha phonebook :P haha lydia dear...i'll get u one for christmas okay? haha

Cora said...

CHINA!!!! yeah!!!

see you tomorrow,
Cora

Kelly said...

I LOVE that verse, Lydia. I mean...there are a lot of verses that I love in the Old Testament..but that one is a very defining one for me. Anywho, it was great seeing you today...Im missing Mac..and I'll come to visit for sure :)

Lydia said...

agnes - aha.. we'll be phonebook buddies!

cora - so good to see you!! when will i see you again? i think a visit to mac would be nice.. or a visit to western.. hehe.. ;)

kelly - i looove bumping into you and sharing with you just the briefest things about ccf and mac. every time, i am encouraged in some way! hope things are going well at tyndale!! when u come, we need to chat it up over tea or coffee!!