amanda: "you can't talk to me if you're complaining."
me: "let me complain!!"
amanda: "NO! stop! Don't talk to me"
me: "LET ME COMPLAAAIIIIN!! WHY WON'T YOU LET ME COMPLAIIIIIN?!"
amanda: "Nope." *keeps cooking dinner, refusing to look at me*
me: *screams in frustration* - "AAAAAAAAAAUUUUGGHHH"
amanda: SUCK IT UP. YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS WITHOUT COMPLAINING. COME ON LYDIA. DEAL WITH IT. YOU CAN DO IT.
me: NOOOOOOOOO.....
*silence...*
me: ... but.. i want to tell you about my day!!
amanda: tell me about your day without complaining.
me: but... that's NO FUUUUN.
amanda: that's the point.
-----------------------------------------------------------
and so goes the conversation between amanda and I.
haha.. what will i do without amanda? who teaches me to shut my mouth when all I want to do is whine and cause a ruckus.
-----------------------------------------
20 minutes later after dinner:
me: thank you for letting me scream at you.
amanda: no problem. this is like the pear time. that's when our friendship rose to a whole new level of abuse.
me: ...
-----------------------------------------
*pear time = time I blew up at amanda in first year for eating my pear, that she didn't even eat.
while i am limited in my verbal complaints, i found myself on msn complaining and venting anyways. >.<
but seriously. my loving housemate reminds me that it is at the times when I am frustrated, or just feeling so incredibly crappy, that Satan is there, WANTING me to scream, wanting me to exaggerate and complain like crazy. And sometimes, I wonder, well, why not? Why CAN'T I just have a little moment of venting?
Of course I can right? But then, SATAN WINS at that particular moment. And here's a closing remark as amanda left the house:
me: *sigh*... now I have nothing to talk about... :) you care (or something like that... something about caring)
amanda: scripture cares...
-- or something along the lines of that.
basically, the way amanda reacted to me was entirely what the Lord commands in His words. The tongue is a dangerous thing. And you never know what pops out when you're angry, frustrated, or just not feeling good.
And in that tiny window of opportunity, Scripture, manifested in Amanda's actions, pierced through and CONQUERED Satan.
AMEN to that.
I praise the Lord for her, and for Jess and Dorcas who were in the house at the time too. From nagging about shoe shopping, parking at jackson's, to cooking dinner, to my whining... the house is now silent once again as I sit here and type, totally at peace .
Feeling the loooooove from my three sisters here...praise God that they are not phased in my instances of being blunt and rude and childish, cuz they know that I am better than that. :)
Mixed with a message from Sindy who reminded me that my health is really important to maintain, and other messages (really random) just asking how I was, or crackin' me up.. I'm totally calm now.
*whew*.. what an intensely filled hour of a rather windy day! :)
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
good times rollin' hun ;)
love ya.
And I
Never thought I'd feel this way
And as far as I'm concerned I'm glad I got the chance to say
That I do believe I love you
And if I should ever go away
Well then close your eyes and try to feel the way we do today
And than if you can't remember.....
Keep smilin'
Keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me
for sure
that's what friends are for
In good times
And bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for
Well you came and open me
And now there's so much more I see
And so by the way I thank you....
Ohhh and then
For the times when we're apart
Well just close your eyes and know
These words are comming from my heart
And then if you can't remember....Ohhhhh
Mmmhmm thats what friends are for mmmhmm yea
"And then
For the times when we're apart
Well just close your eyes and know
These words are comming from my heart
And then if you can't remember...
Keep smilin'
Keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me
for sure
that's what friends are for
In good times
And bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for"
*tear*.. .but not really.. not yet...
there will be a day, when those words are really going to make me cry.
there will be a day when we WILL be apart for more than a weekend... the SUMMER is tough enough as is!!
BUT... until then, i'll just have to squeeze all the amanda-time i can get ;)
ME and YOU!
YOU and ME!
ME and YOU!
AIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*grins*
*pukes*
lol. you're just jealous garway :P haha
awwwwwwwwww. i can already anticipate missing you girls like CRAZY. i "for realzzzz" don't know what i'm going to do when i'm not living with you all. WHAT AM I GOING TO DOOOOOOOO??????
:(
oh wait. we're all going to UT for grad/med school right??! RIGHT?!?! :D
hahaha...:P that's the plan!!! :P together forever :D
thanks for 4getting wut skool i go to AND my bday haha :P
Wow, definitely a lesson i need to learn. Something that i KNOW i struggle with, and one that i will continually try to get over! Thanks for that blog dearie! =) Keep encouraged and remember i love ya! =)
garway - boo on you garway!! hahaa...
dorcas - i KNOW.. haha.. totlaly need to live with you girls forever. we should just be neighbours
agnes - haha.. same to you my dear!! do u even know my bday?! HUH?!? hehe..
jo - hehe... you dyed your hair BLUE!?!?! hehe... awww... love ya too!!
haha amanda = hilarious, but wut a goot sister tho!!!
jw
Post a Comment