So I'm cleaning my room, and sorting out through the papers I've accumulated this past year.
I have concluded one thing:
I COLLECT A LOT OF JUNK.
I have concluded one thing:
I COLLECT A LOT OF JUNK.
Like - really USELESS pieces of paper. My scratch sheets, my notes, my scribbles of people's numbers.
As I'm putting things into folders, labelling them, hole-punching my notes that were not hole-punched before, stapling common notes together... and finally putting them in a box to be stored... I question:
WHAT'S THE POINT? ... I've already written the exams!
SO WHAT if everything is neatly organized now?
Organized Junk is not going to do me any good. On the contrary, it will only take up THAT much more room in my closet at home.
Yet at the same time, I look at my folders: biochem, sociology, 3H03/4D03, hccf, musical minds... etc. and realize that this was what my third year consisted of. Just because it's only the paper remnants of what I was involved with, or assignments and lecture notes, it is still a representative of the bulk of my third year in university.
And it all fit nicely into a typical BANKER'S BOX.
Two ways to view this banker's box:
1. that is, sadly, all there is to show for what I have done in one year of university.
2. that is something to show that I have been alive for another year of university to grasp the opportunities that it has to offer - the time to learn from experts, and delve into theories and analyse the world at hand, the consistant times of fellowship with my brothers and sisters represented by the minutes and planning sketches of bible studies and programs and meetings, the endless hours spent with musical minds to prepare a few pieces to perform for the hospital patients and elderly.
If all of that goodness fit into one tiny box, imagine the potential of how much MORE good times, opportunities that are to come to be packed away and remembered - a heritage of who we are, how we've become the people we are right now.
I've been learning lots about how nothing is mine to lay a claim to because it all ultimately belongs to my Father. Yet when He does provide the stuff represented by my boxed items, do I ignore and throw it out as if it didn't happen? Or do I acknowledge His blessings, and His trials, and understand who I have become as a result of what He has given me this year?
... just some thoughts that I was chewin' on...
Yet at the same time, I look at my folders: biochem, sociology, 3H03/4D03, hccf, musical minds... etc. and realize that this was what my third year consisted of. Just because it's only the paper remnants of what I was involved with, or assignments and lecture notes, it is still a representative of the bulk of my third year in university.
And it all fit nicely into a typical BANKER'S BOX.
Two ways to view this banker's box:
1. that is, sadly, all there is to show for what I have done in one year of university.
2. that is something to show that I have been alive for another year of university to grasp the opportunities that it has to offer - the time to learn from experts, and delve into theories and analyse the world at hand, the consistant times of fellowship with my brothers and sisters represented by the minutes and planning sketches of bible studies and programs and meetings, the endless hours spent with musical minds to prepare a few pieces to perform for the hospital patients and elderly.
If all of that goodness fit into one tiny box, imagine the potential of how much MORE good times, opportunities that are to come to be packed away and remembered - a heritage of who we are, how we've become the people we are right now.
I've been learning lots about how nothing is mine to lay a claim to because it all ultimately belongs to my Father. Yet when He does provide the stuff represented by my boxed items, do I ignore and throw it out as if it didn't happen? Or do I acknowledge His blessings, and His trials, and understand who I have become as a result of what He has given me this year?
... just some thoughts that I was chewin' on...
I'll be back home in TO soooo very soon. Cannot wait! But I am also in denial that I might not see some of our grads again. :*(. I still don't want to think about it just yet... but I know it's going to hit me hard in the next two days... !!
3 comments:
haha yayy junk :P i have junk too :P haha and it's insane..i still have like..all my work from gr5...so sad :P
thank goodness for my closet :P
i'm also in denial about grads.. : ( don't wanna think about it..!
thanks for the yummy food today :)
miss you already :P
xox
dun worry agnes - i have stuff from bridlegrove... aka. KINDGARTEN.
and yes dear! thank goodness for your closet indeed. may 13! looking forward! (biiiiig hug) miss ya tons too! i'll call you until then! ;)
Post a Comment