Today is Good Friday, and I remember kinda not wanting to go to Good Friday service because I wanted to 'study'.
But I remembered a message I heard a few Sundays ago, about anticipating the opportunity to meet with the Lord on a Holy Communion Sunday, and how we must learn to prepare our own hearts to come to meet with the Lord - with an attitude of eagerness, a desire to want to be with Him. Have you looked forward to this Easter season, when majority of the world stops their businesses, stops teaching, stops making sales... do you stop with them to celebrate the very foundation on which our CHRISTian faith rests?
Every year, Easter falls in the middle of the exam period at McMaster, and it is quite easy to lose sight of the importance of this springtime holiday. It wasn't only that Christ came down to live among us, to teach us, to share God's love with us; He died on the cross to fulfill God's ultimate act of love to us - shedding His blood on behalf of our sins, and promising us HOPE, JOY, an eternity with Him.
I don't know about you, but I have found it quite difficult to get into both the Christmas and Easter seasons since university began because my academic priorities nag and compete with the events at church. And yet, it's silly to think that I would pass on an opportunity to celebrate what I believe in! Others may not use this holiday to think about the cross, but I sure hope that I spend this time recognizing what the Lord did. I cannot help but think about Peter's denial of Christ as a large part of the Easter story. The night Christ was betrayed by Judas, Peter also denied Him three times. This nagged at me a lot tonight during the Good Friday service as the narrator described the denial... because I knew that a few hours ago, I almost chose to hide myself with my books rather than choose the opportunity to remember my Lord through Holy Communion at my church tonight, and fellowshipping with my family in Christ as we listened to the musical retelling of the gospel.
My thoughts then extended to all of you...as I am sure I was not the only one struggling to let go of a few hours of studying... which is why I am writing this now...
This is the Easter season!! it is a time to rejoice and acknowledge loud and clear that Christ did indeed die on the cross, and through that, He crucified the grip that sin had on us. And that He did indeed resurrect from the dead, and through that, He CONQUERED Satan, and claimed victory over death. We can now rejoice and be glad because we are free! and we can be in communion with our Father through Christ and abide in His peace, joy, and love into eternity....
will you join me, and each other in singing Alleluia! in dancing! in rejoicing of what Christ did for us, of how much God loves us??
As Sunday service (or whatever service you attend at your church) nears..... may this be a time for you to remember the new covenant that is Christ with a thankful, worshipping heart. :) And may you once again taste the sweetness of the message of peace, hope, LIFE, and love that is embedded within the Gospel message! And if the Spirit is prompting, may it also be a time for you to tell others what Christ did for us!!
If you have time... flip through the gospels and re-read the last few chapters... :D May God bless you during this time, and may you be a blessing to many others as well!
Much love in Christ,
Lydia
Saturday, April 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hallelujah!
Post a Comment