Sunday, October 01, 2006

submitted. :D

sooooo med apps are done and submitted!! yay!! :D

i can say that i've done the best i could have done in writing / preparing them, and now it's really out of my hands.

what.
a.
tough.
two.
months.

you know the feeling when there is ALWAYS something at the back of your mind?? ie. application waiting to be written....

Thankfully, God definitely provided much support and solidified His will in my life at this point in time. Even in the last few hours, God really showed me some solid friends (hols, tat, amanda l., michelle) who are crazy academics and literally "pui oh" msg by msg on msn, supporting me in terms of logistics of applications and giving guidance.

Throughout writing the apps, I learned a LOT about myself - and that's precisely why I half looked forward to writing them in the first place. When I am reflecting, a lot of stuff about myself is revealed, including all the people who have been in and out of my life who has made some impact on my decision to go into medicine. To have a choice in who to choose for referees, and reviewers to provide solid feedback is a blessing. His hand has been there through and through, and as I learned in small groups, I really need to keep reminding myself that it is HE who has allowed all things to fall smoothly into place.

One more thing:

Women's small group with Jess Pong - we're following the book, "Unlocking the Bible Story. Vol 1" by Colin Smith. I've read most of it, and it has definitely been one of the best books I have read in terms of learning more about the basics of the OT and how it ties into the NT. You really can't read the NT without reading the OT!! Colin describes how many in our society today only know that Jesus is the solution - or at least He is said to be the solution, yet rarely do we tell the dire desparate situation that humanity is in .. such that we REQUIRE Christ. So Christ is Act 2. But we don't tell enough of Act 1 to show why Christ is the ultimate gift and solution from God. We've only done one chapter with the girls, but Jess and I have already met twice for our friday planning meetings, and man oh man - they have been really eye-opening as we grapple with the basics of Christ and the implications of the cross (eg. ROMANS!! :D )

If you're not plugged into a small group through your home church or fellowship, i really really really suggest you do... we've been talking about the life of abundance... what does a life of abundance in Christ mean to you?

*ponder*...

No comments: