Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Thankfulness

This weekend was filled with lots of rest, lots of family time, and lots of chilling with mcbc-ers.

I'm thankful b/c I wasn't originally going to pneumatos - I didn't really want to listen to talk on relationships yet again - but in the end, I ended up going. And I am SO glad I did! PJ, Betty and Deacon Richard have a way to put things in a very down-to-earth way. Hearing their advice, or reality checks provided another perspective from my peers and my parents - and it was refreshing to hear! Plus, I was really surprised at all the discussion that came about. Tough questions, but stuff that needed to be said and grappled with. I'm glad our fellowship talked about these things together. :)

After fellowship, I was again surprised at how our fellowship came together at vicki's to give sam his gift, chip in for pj's gift and witness vicki and her superstar kungfu performance!! team canada represent!! :D As much as I didn't know some of the first years, or don't really know all the people in pneuma, we were all connected. It doesn't matter how well I know them, or how long I have or have not served with them, we are one body. Through Christ, it's as if we've known each other forever.

I shared with tiff and si my amazement at how the scrapbook and dvd for pj came together too. OUR FELLOWSHIP IS SO AWESOME. when each part contributes that tiny bit: a blurb, a videoclip, change to cover costs - the gift comes together! Same with sam!! And like... supporting a sister in her talents, that was incredible too.

Often, we don't know about the skills/talents that each of us do on the side. But I believe the talents and skills in sports, music, academics.. whatever else... should not be hidden, the fellowship should know about it so we can all support each other! Our fellowship is our family right? Some of my brothers and sisters have become almost a part of my family, and I would not hesitate to ask them to come to major milestones in my life... If you have a performance, or a recognition of some sort at school or in the community - I really want to know about it so that I can cheer you on!

pneumatos, there's a lot of ppl in it, but i love all of you so much!

sunday randoms during lunch with the 1st-2nd years was also HILARIOUS: "keyboards", fish shopping, plain cheung fun with soy sauce >.< I was clearly the oldest one, but I didn't feel out of place at all. Haha...

i can honestly say now, that look forward to going home every week b/c the ppl at mcbc make me feel right at home.
always.
Thanks y'all for bein' my huuuuuuge family at markham!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lydia! I had no idea you read my blog. It was good to see you again! I'm glad that you enjoyed the workshop on relationships and I'm so thankful for pneumatos too! It's such a blessing! And thanks sooo much for organizing and the hard work you put into the scrapbook! (That reminds me that I owe you money!)

Blessings with your school and ministry!

timmy said...

lovin' the lovin' loverly lover HAHAH:)

miss ya lydzZzZZzzZZZ

Anonymous said...

Heh... major events in our lives? Too bad I already graduated :P I found a link to you from Sam Hsieh's blog... whoa, Vinci, Joyce... how do you know Joyce Chew?!?!? You know everyone...! And oldest? Hmmm ya, but I'm older than you though :P

-A friend

Lydia said...

serly - luv reading about your nursing stories. there are so many demands in the nursing profession, and i can't think of a better, more patient person to be in that role... keep it up!

tim - hi tim. :) that is all. hahaha - luv youuuuu

"a friend" - i'm sure there are major events that come AFTER graduation too! :D haah.. joyce chew is soooo coool. how do YOU know joyce? haha..