We talked about our new identities in Christ yesterday: It is full of Confidence, we have the Kingdom Perspective, and are always filled with JOY (because that is God's will for us!)
The Kingdom Perspective is what I want to talk about.
It wasn't until NSF that I truly started to understand what this meant - how creation groans until the second coming of Christ; how the gospel means such things as the end of oppression and supports environmental efforts to protect creation (Christians should be the BEST environmentalists!). When I began to understand, I felt so FREE - released from my immediate obsessions over minute details in life while seeing the greater purpose of all things called LIFE....
everything exists and will continue to exist to glorify God.
ie. I am created, and you are created to glorify God.
our actions exemplify the characeristics of our Father when we are new creations.
He sees us as new creations every single day!
The past two weeks, Pastor Paul's messages have been about things that I struggled to learn independently, and through other peers from other campuses, and wow, I'm just so utterly thankful that he's at our campus to reveal these truths to MAC students from as soon as they step in as a first year! Imagine how much more they will learn in four years!! That excites me!!
And Westside's goals on the number of people being saved - in the hundreds by 2006. Last year, 387 came to know Christ! WOW! Every week, someone from all three church campuses comes to know the Lord. They are so very focused on spreading the gospel - I'm so glad to be a part of this family...
Finally, a bunch of us went out with the small group leaders to eat at Crystal Dynasty (!?) downtown. We had a full-fledged Chinese dinner!! SOOO GOOD! It was like family dinner, but with ccfers and the small group leaders. On our way home, I got to speak with three of the church planters of Hamilton campus - and I am sooooo encouraged by how they came to have a burden to serve the students.
paraphrased: "we've been in university, and we know the importance of having a home church at university. we know how important it is for students to be able to call a church their own when they are not at their home churches" and man, i've been looking for that for three years, and BAM, God totally provides.
Haha... echoing dorcas, I already look forward to going to church next Saturday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment