to have it on record: i think i fit under the 'chronically annoyed' med student pseudo stereotype that exists in a few of our heads - at least i've met quite a few.. that doesn't mean there isn't a large dose of fun and calming times... it's just every so often - there is something that just really irks me - whether it is a societal issue, the smallest hint of inefficiency when things can clearly be made more efficient, or lack of consideration on ppl's parts... or the latest: PCs.
i seriously must say that i love my mac more and more as i tried to fix my sister's computer. i have no idea what the heck is going on with vista - i didn't even know how to shut off the comp because you have to press an extra arrow to open up that menu.. and pop-ups all over the place! and the whole uninstalling... and so many layers upon layers of files and folders... i'm seriously so confused - especailly after reading countless trouble-shooting forums with their complicated solutions to solving all these random problems that my patient PC has, which involves installing even MORE things and going into this file and that file and uggggh...
okay. rant OVER.
shane & shane = the lyrics, the musicality, the mature spiritual insights shared - i was blown away at their concert on thursday. starfield excellent as well. but the best of the night was definitely their collaboration with World Vision to spend each night to pray for children by name and remember that this fight we are fighting in this world, is a spiritual one with eternal lives to be determined - completely and utterly inspiring. Praise God for providing them with the vision to bring James 1:27 to the forefront of conscience in our affluent communities. I would say that God has been faithful to my own personal prayers, and last night, to hear the verse quoted, I know that the Lord is not far away and reassures me that He will show me the things He wants me to do in due time.
Beg - Shane&Shane
Here I am, one more day of not loving Him the way He asks, in fact my heart is singing praises to the things that make me feel alright. So I'm sinking fast like a stone heart should, and on the way down I've done what I could to try and try to turn this stone to flesh.
I'm haunted by my God who has the right to ask me what by the nature of my rebellion, I cannot give.
So I beg for you to move. I beg for you to move. I beg for you to break through.
So here I am got my deeds for the day. All my cute little words about how I am saved. Am I saved? Could I love you with my mouth like a church kid should? At the end of the day, my words get burned as wood, oh but I was good...
In You - Shane&Shane
I sing for joy in my remorse. A well within prosperity's curse that drowns the mighty oak of pride but feeds the root of God inside.
In You, I find my rest.
In You, I find my death.
In You, I find my all and my emptiness, but it all makes sense.
In You, I'm rich when I've been made poor. Comfort found when I mourn. The prideful one, You see from afar. Drawing near to low, broken hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment