Sunday, January 23, 2011

Interviews 2/6

Two down!

I like family medicine because they are so laid back, and just want to get to know us!

After two orientation sessions, I'm definitely getting a much better idea of how the next two years will pan out for me. It's not so scary and uncertain. It sounds like a lot of work, but I think it will be lots of fun work!

Looking forward to it, as well as getting to work with new peers/colleagues. I think travelling so much and meeting so many different people in different cities has made me develop a short attention span, and this urge to move around all the time.

It's a little unnerving actually, this internal struggle to want to settle, but also the itch of wanting out and getting away. Or this almost unconscious creation of temporary walls until I finish this section or that section of this year. Sometimes, you just have to suck it up and go along with the herd of people you're caught up in the journey with. Three weeks off travelling around as packs of 4th year med students - this huge exodus across the country - must be amusing to watch from above. Delays, snowstorms, bad road conditions, laying down a couple hundred on hotels, suits, accessories, dress shoes, CVs, photos of self, trying to impress within 30 minute interviews, to try to stand out from this homogeneous crowd of peers... what an experience.

And then, the best part, at least 1/3 of the family medicine interviewees in my class are flocking down south to cuba. brilliant! i can't wait!

No comments: