Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Year's Eve at TST!

It's 2011! 

It's 2011! 

It's 2011! 

I'm graduating this year! YES! Almost there! 

Rung in the new year at Tsim Sha Tsui last night with my relatives. SO many people, about 30 000 along Victoria Harbour. People from all around the world were there. 

It was nice to countdown in so many languages all together! Certainly it was a loud roar for the last ten seconds as we watched the numbers roll down at the International Financial Center. 

The fireworks from the buildings were a little subpar given that we didn't have musical accompaniment, and only saw half the building because a footbridge was in the way. But it is nice to have a claim to say, I've been to TST to countdown NYE at least ONCE in my lifetime! 

We walked a LOT yesterday - traversing majority of the outlet mall near the airport, taking the MTR all the way to Prince Edward station, eating dim sum and then walking all the way down to TST, with a stop along Temple Street where it was PACKED with line-ups to eat along the sidestands, and also to buy treasures along the bargain booths. 

I bought for myself some souvenirs of handbag hooks for some girlfriends. I think it will be handy for everyone to use! 

For the transport home, it took about an hour overall. Not bad! I was deadbeat by the time I got home though. 

Only to wake up this morning at 7:00 am to prepare for breakfast with my gong gong at Tai Wai. I'm so glad I got to eat breakfast with him, those typical breakfast sets for 24 HKD! So cheap! 

Then I met with Loretta, a friend from way back in MCBC, who has since changed her career from psychology to international development. It was so good to catch up, and actually quite refreshing! 

Now just resting before another big dinner at Aunt Recken's place. 

Tomorrow is a day filled with obligatory family dinners. Oh dear! 

No comments: